- Acclaimed Flop: As mentioned on the main page, this show was generally well-received by critics and audiences, but failed to build up any ratings momentum.
- Animation Age Ghetto: Suffered from an inverted form of this. By most accounts, it was an excellent show. But it aired on Cartoon Network, a channel typically associated with animation, so would-be viewers never gave it a chance because they associated live-action shows on Cartoon Network with the disaster that was CN Real.
- Dawson Casting: Italia Ricci (Maggie) was 24 at the time of filming. A bit of a stretch for someone playing a high schooler, but she makes it work.
- Playing Against Type: Before Unnatural History Kevin G. Schmidt (Henry) had a recurring role in The Young And The Restless and a minor part Disney Channel Original Movie. Meanwhile Italia Ricci (Maggie) was cast in the likes of How I Met Your Mother and Secret Girlfriend.
- Screwed By Being On The Network: It's not a bad show, and if it were on almost any other network, it could be well-received. But because it's airing on Cartoon Network, no matter how much they promote the show a lot of viewers aren't willing to give it a chance.
- What Could Have Been: Canned after its first season.
- And the second season and beyond sounds so much interesting. The whole first season sounds like exposition Filler compared to it.
Trivia / Unnatural History