- Acting for Two: Ultraman Ginga and Dark Lugiel are voiced by Tomokazu Sugita. Granted, that they were actually Literal Split Personality and/or Enemy Without.
- No Budget: As the starting point of a series of New Generation Ultras, Ginga went out so badly that the setting itself is simply Furuboshi Elementary School with nowhere else except the mountain areas and only a total of four original Kaiju appeared in an 11-episode series. This came from the fact that Tsuburaya Productions is still under a major financial crisis, having lost a legal battle with Chaiyo Productions back in early 2013. This is slowly averted starting in 2014, wherein Tsuburaya manages to repay ALL of their financial debts and Ginga S steadily shows an improvement in their show. With the next season Ultraman X and so on, the number of original-produced Ultra Kaiju suits increased by every year that even the Milestone Celebration show Ultraman Orb becomes a major attraction for the worldwide view.
- The Other Darrin: In a meta-sense in the Latin American Spanish dub: Unlike previous Ultraman series since Ultraman Tiga, which were dubbed in South American countries, mainly in Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela, this one was dubbed in Mexico for unexplained reasons.
- Promoted Fanboy: The actor of Hikaru Raido mentions that his favorite Ultraman is Ultraman Cosmos. The fact that he was able to act alongside Musashi's actor in the Ginga S movie was a huge excitement.
- Prop Recycling: The appearance of Thunder Darambia in the first episode was due to the fact that the staff had stumbled across the original Neo Darambia suit (specifically that of the second Neo Darambia) while rummaging the suit warehouse. The suit was in perfectly good condition despite not having been used for about fifteen years, so they decided to make good use of it.
- Relationship Voice Actor: All of them being the Big Bad and The Dragon pairs...
- Tomokazu Sugita and Tomokazu Seki has a long history of working in the voice acting industry, along with the common knowledge of both being real-life rivals. So in this series, Sugita is the Big Bad whose one of his minions is Seki himself. Although Sugita also voiced Ultraman Ginga, said Ultra hardly ever speaks and Hikaru was mostly in charge.
- Takuya Eguchi and Yuki Ono of You-Tak duo has one in episode 14 of Ginga S.
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki, voice of The Movie's Big Bad Etelgar, and Arisa Komiya, the actress who played Arena, had previously been partners as Usada Lettuce and Yoko Usami.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original concept of Ultraman Ginga was meant to be a continuation for Ultraman Gaia, taking place in the same universe as Gamu becomes a Badass Teacher and the protagonist is a university student. Additionally, they also tried Follow the Leader to Koichi Sakamoto's Kamen Rider Fourze.
- In the middle if Ginga S, Taro was meant to be brainwashed by Exceller.
- The revived version of Dark Lugiel was originally considered as an Evil Knockoff of Ultraman Ginga.
- You Sound Familiar: Yuki Ono, the current voice actor of Ultraman Belial is none other than the Agent Peacock Berume.
Trivia / Ultraman Ginga