- Actor Allusion:
- John Houseman plays Sandra's lawyer in "See You in Court". He famously played a law professor in The Paper Chase.
- In "The Big Deal", guest star Sherman Hemsley sees Marla Gibbs' character Mary cleaning her apartment, assumes she's a maid, and tries to get her to work for him. On their previous series together The Jeffersons, Gibbs played Hemsley's maid.
- The Danza: Reynaldo Rey played Ray the mailman.
- Dueling Works: 227 premiered a year after The Cosby Show, another NBC show about a suburban black family, and the same year as Charlie & Co., a CBS sitcom about a black family in Chicago. The latter show only lasted one season, while 227 lasted five.
- Out of Order: The pilot episode was the sixth episode aired, so that later episodes could be aired first and explain the characters better. This becomes confusing when the episodes are aired in production order, since the story from the pilot continues in the seventh episode.
- Real-Life Relative: Rose and boyfriend-turned-husband Warren were played by Alaina Reed Hall and her husband Kevin Peter Hall. In a case of Romance on the Set, the two met when he played an earlier character on the show.
- Star-Making Role: Jackée Harry as Sandra
- You Look Familiar: Kevin Peter Hall appeared as Gordon in the Season 4 episode "The Prince" before playing Warren in Season 5.
Trivia / 227