- Acclaimed Flop: Universally praised by critics, but it barely made up it's budget in box office returns, with a meager $1,000,000 in rentals (against a $340,000 budget) to show for it.
- AFI's 100 Years... Series:
- AFI's 100 Years 100 Thrills: #88
- AFI's 100 Years... 100 Heroes and Villains:
- #28 Hero, Juror #8
- AFI's 100 Years... 100 Cheers: #42
- AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies (10th Anniversary Edition): #87
- AFI's 10 Top 10:
- #2, Courtroom Drama
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $340,000. Box office, $1 million (rentals). This film was dwarfed by color films released then, but was acclaimed by critics and is one of the most important films ever made.
- Breakthrough Hit: For Sidney Lumet.
- Completely Different Title:
- In Germany, the film was released as Die zwölf Geschworenen - "The Twelve Jurors".
- In Italy, the film was released as La Parola Ai Giurati, meaning approximately, "Let's Hear The Jury Members"
- In Sweden the film was released as "12 edsvurna män", meaning approximately "12 Men Under Oath".note
- In Finland the film was released as "Valamiesten ratkaisu", meaning "The Jurors Decision"
- Doing It for the Art: Henry Fonda and Sidney Lumet both deferred their salaries for the film.
Trivia / 12 Angry Men