- Backed by the Pentagon: Some Navy SEALs trained the main cast to make the action scenes more realistic.
- California Doubling: Some Peru scenes were filmed in Hawaii.
- Development Hell: The film project dates back to 2010. Paramount Pictures was set to produce, then dropped the ball. Atlas Entertainment picked it up and did nothing with it either. It was eventually greenlit in 2017 when Netflix bought the rights to the script.
- Production Posse: Triple Frontier is the second film of director J.C. Chandor to star Oscar Isaac, after A Most Violent Year.
- Those Two Actors: It's the third film to star Oscar Isaac and Garrett Hedlund after Inside Llewyn Davis and Mojave (2015).
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Triple Frontier