- Development Gag: Shockwave's ability to clone himself is taken directly from the original production bible of the original TV series.
- Fan Nickname: Prime Geyser for Optimus Prime's super, since it looks like the Power Geyser.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: As Activision lost the Transformers license, the game is being removed from digital stores. Sources say that Transformers: The Last Knight's poor box office performance was a crucial reason for why the license couldn't be renewed.
- No Export for You: Despite PlatinumGames origin and part of Transformers origin, this game is not officially localized to Japanese although it's available in many outlets.
- The Other Darrin: While many voice actors from the original cartoon reprised their roles for the game, several are replaced.
- Quite a few of the other voice actors had passed on between the cartoon and the game, requiring new voice actors for the game. This includes Scott Whtye, Christopher Swindle, and Steve Blum replacing Chris Latta in the respective roles of Starscream, Wheeljack, and Defensor; Liam O'Brien replacing Roger Carmel as Motormaster; James Arnold Taylor replacing Carmel and Regis Cordic as Meansor; Andre Sogliuzzo replacing Don Messick and John Stephenson as Scavenger and Thundercracker respectively; and Jamieson Price and Dave Boat replacing Ed Gilbert in the respective roles of Superion and Blitzwing.
- A number of still-living actors also don't return. This includes Neil Ross being replaced by Blum and Price as Bonecrusher and Hook respectively, Arthur Burghardt being replaced by Boat as Devastator, and Corey Burton being replaced by Darryl Kurylo as Shockwave.
- In one case, the voice actor is present, but replaced for a good chunk of his roles, anyway: as in Transformers: Prime, Frank Welker only reprises his roles as Megatron and Soundwave, being replaced as Skywarp and Rumble by Whyte, Mixmaster by Price, and Frenzy by Swindle.note . This may have something to due with voice actor union rules requiring more payment if a voice actor performs for more than three characters.
- Pre-Order Bonus: Pre-ordering would net you exclusive weapons and skins for Optimus, Sideswipe, and Bumblebee; Nemesis Prime wielding the Dark Star Saber, Red Alert, who Sideswipe's toy was retooled into, and "Goldfire", aka Goldbug, the form Bumblebee was rebuilt late into the original series (and renamed for trademark purposes). These were later made available as paid DLC.
- Promoted Fanboy: Apparently, a number of Platinum employees are longtime Transformers fans.
- Role Reprise: As fitting a return to Generation 1, we have Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, Frank Welker as Megatron and Soundwave, Dan Gilvezan as Bumblebee, Gregg Berger as Grimlock and Long Haul, and Michael Bell as Sideswipe and Scrapper. However, many characters have been recast: most of it has to do with the passing of several voice actors since the original cartoon ended (for example, Casey Kasem, voice of Teletraan 1, passed away earlier in 2015), but others have been recast despite their voice actors still being alive (Neil Ross being replaced as Bonecrusher, Corey Burton being replaced as Shockwave) and in one case being present (Welker only reprises Megatron and Soundwave, with Rumble, Frenzy, Mixmaster, and Skywarp sporting different voice actors).
Trivia / Transformers: Devastation