- Cult Classic: While hugely popular in its native Canada, it was virtually unknown outside of it. With the show now on Netflix and YouTube, through word of mouth has developed a strong cult following in the states and elsewhere.
- The Danza: Many of the supporting cast share first, last, or both names with characters they portray.
- In Memoriam: The end of Season 12 dedicated one last scene of John Dunsworth (the actor who played Mr. Lahey) as he passed away on October 16, 2017.
- Name's the Same: Ricky and Lucy. Also Michael Jackson.
- Real-Life Relative: Sarah and John Dunsworth, who play Sarah and Lahey respectively, although their characters are not related.
- Screwed by the Network: How the show and both movies were treated in the US. The show was picked up by BBC America, airing in a heavily censored version, and canceled after just two episodes, the first movie got dumped into regional release (in New York City and Los Angeles only) and the second movie went straight-to-DVD.
- Part of the reason why it took so long to find a footing in the United States was because of how conservative American stations are with censorship. Since it wasn't airing on HBO or another premium cable network, the show was just a string of bleeping interrupted by occasional dialogue. When the show was picked up by Netflix, it became just as popular in the United States as it was in Canada.
- Throw It In!: According to the crew, when they were filming the scene where they find Conky in the swamp, they found a real, discarded gun within the water. Robb Wells claims that it was used on camera later in the episode when Ricky pulls a gun out.
- Vindicated by Cable: While the show has always been a national treasure for Canadians, it was a Cult Classic at best in all other countries. Since its release on Netflix, it has steadily grown in popularity outside of its home state and has received several Netflix original specials as a result.
Trivia / Trailer Park Boys