- Approval of God: Jeremy Clarkson approved of the series:Top Gear is our baby so you can understand why Hammond, May and I were anxious about passing it on to the presenters of the US show. We neednt have worried because Top Gear is clearly in safe hands, even if they do insist on speaking in those stupid accents. Watching an episode from series 1 with Richard and James, we found ourselves in a genuinely heated debate about which of the presenters cars was best. We were just three ordinary chaps watching a car show and loving it, which is exactly what Top Gear should be. Bring on series 2.
- Channel Hop: The series went from Discovery Channel to NBC to History Channel.
- Recycled Script: Some of the challenges the US team goes through are essentially retreads of segments from the British original (for example: the limousine challenge, the homemade campervan challenge, etc.) with the Americans using designs that are near-identical to what the British trio originally used.
- Saved from Development Hell: The show went through three pilots before being picked up.
- What Could Have Been:
- Jay Leno was asked to host the show, but turned it down.
Trivia / Top Gear (US)