- Actor Allusion:
- This isn't the first time Lisa Yamanaka (Yoko) voiced an Asian character.
- This also isn't the first time Timothy's mom voice actress voiced a sweet and caring mother in a Nelvana book adaptation.
- Blooper: In "Mama Don't Go," the characters take turns telling a story using a "story hat" in which each time one of them wears the hat, they get to make up the next part of the story. Juanita, the new girl, is the last to wear the hat, and gets to make up the ending, in which the main character returns home, gets a party in his honor and eats churros. Juanita explains to the class what churros are and suggests she and her mama could make some to bring in. The scene switches to a wide shot as Mrs. Jenkins thanks her for this and says that it's time for recess. As the kids are shown in the circle, Grace is suddenly wearing the story hat. The focus then switches back to Juanita, along with her mama and the Franks, and Juanita is now wearing the story hat again.
- Channel Hop: The show went from PBS Kids (as part of a Sunday morning block "Bookworm Bunch", which featured an array of Nelvana cartoons based on books), where it completely aired its two seasons, to a weekday morning block, "Ready Set Learn" on TLC and Discovery Family (when they were Discovery Kids). Reruns then began airing on Qubo in 2013.
- Children Voicing Children: A total of 4 child characters are voiced by actual children.
- Crossdressing Voices: Fritz is voiced by a female, as is Claude.
- Timothy, Charles, Fritz, and Claude are all voiced by females in the French dub.
- Dub Name Change: In France the show and the original book version of "Timothy Goes To School" is called Timothée va à l'école.
- Timothy is called Timothée in France.
- The series is called 티모시는 학교에갑니다 (timosi neun haggyoe gabnida, or "Timothy's Kindergarten Days") in Korean.
- When it was airing in Germany, the series was known as Timmy Geht Zur Schule. Timothy's name was also changed to "Timmy" in the German version.
- Edited for Syndication: When rerun on Qubo, scenes were sometimes cut for time (justified, as it was intended to air on non-commercial stations without ad breaks).
- Keep Circulating the Tapes:
- Some DVD releases are difficult to obtain, but installments can be found online. For a while it wasn't airing on TV. It does now air on Qubo, though that can be hard to get. However, the full series is available on YouTube, although the episodes uploaded in Treehouse's official channel are blocked in some countries.
- The French, Spanish, Malay, and Hungarian dubs are even more difficult to find. Only France has gotten a couple DVDs which contain a few episodes◊.
- Playing Against Type: Lisa Yamanaka who previously voiced the tough and tomboyish girl Wanda Li in The Magic School Bus voices the kindhearted, sweet, and soft speaking Yoko.
- Recycled Script: The episode "Mama Don't Go" where it's Juanita's first visit to Hilltop School with her mother after moving was adapted as a Yoko & Friends book of the same name. Yoko takes the place of Juanita, but basically is the same plot as the episode.
- Recursive Canon: Yoko's 1998 debut was supposedly her first day at school as well along with the 2008 book "Yoko Writes Her Name".
- Relationship Voice Actor: This isn't the first time Lisa Yamanaka (Yoko) and Alyson Court (Nora) were both voicing characters in the same production. Before the show started, both were in Resident Evil 2- Alyson was Claire Redfield while Lisa was Sherry Birkin.
- Both Max Morrow (Charles) and Alyson Court played roles in The Noddy Shop, but only Alyson did a voice role as one of the toys, Island Princess, while Max was Truman, one of the human children.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: According to some sources, there appears to be an episode titled "The Butterfly Away", which is one of the first things that appears as an add-on when you start to google the show's title. However, given that the only source claims the episode premiered in August 2014, it's completely false. The plot for this fictional episode involves Timothy and friends watching the migration of Monarch butterflies.
Trivia / Timothy Goes to School