- Animation Lead Time: Similar to other books in the Expanded Universe, Zahn revealed in an interview on the Star Wars website that he was only brought in after Season 3 was finished in production, so he had to write Thrawn around it rather than already having written it prior.
- Ascended Fanon: The comic adaptation depicts Eli as appearing quite similar to his common fanon appearance, namely being Ambiguously Brown with '70s Hair.
- I Knew It!: In "Steps Into Shadow", Kallus says he's heard rumors that Thrawn's campaign at Batonn resulted in heavy civilian casualties. Some viewers found it suspicious that Thrawn makes no comment on this and lets Pryce talk about it, so we don't get to know about Thrawn's opinion on the matter, leading to theories that Thrawn didn't intend on killing so many people and that Pryce may have been involved. As we see in the book, this is indeed the case.
- What Could Have Been: According to Word of God at DragonCon 2018, in the epilogue, Eli was originally supposed to be looking for a "target". Del Rey requested Zahn to make it more specific, so he changed it to Eli meeting up with Ar'alani instead.
- Word of God: After the release of the book, Timothy Zahn stated that he's "already pitching a sequel" to Thrawn. And rumors are flying that he's trying to make it into a trilogy.
- Word of Saint Paul:
- Timothy Zahn has stated in an interview that he believes Konstantine got his position from having political ties or some other method unrelated to skill that got him his rank of admiral. As it doesn't seem like Konstantine currently has any backstory and Zahn was the one that gave Pryce her backstory as seen in this very book, it's not outside the realm of possibility that it may actually be the case thanks to Zahn ascending his theories into official works.
- When asked by a Wookieepedian about Nightswan's true identity, Zahn stated that while it's deliberately left vague in the book itself, he personally feels that Nevil Cygni was just another alias of Nightswan rather than his true identity (as otherwise the Galactic Empire could have easily tracked him down), leaving Nevil Cygni's real name currently unknown.
Trivia / Thrawn