- Actor-Shared Background:
- Simon Pegg was a goth during in his youth and, like his character, a Sisters of Mercy fan.
- Nick Frost (Andy) was a rugby player in his youth.
- California Doubling: Many real pubs are used as stand-ins for the film's fictional ones, with the World's End itself portrayed by the Gardener's Arms in Letchworth (however, other "pubs" in the film are actually a cinema, a railway station and a Thai restaurant, among others).
- Also, the "UK's First Roundabout" in the film really is that, in Letchworth.
- Completely Different Title: Released in France as Le Dernier pub avant la fin du monde ("The Last Pub Before the End of the World").
- The Danza: Greg, Seb, Luke, Tyler and Sam, (the teenagers in "The Cross Hands") and Kelly and Stacey (the twins in "The Two-Headed Dog").
- Defictionalization: A tour offers to do The Crawl with the pubs that were actually used in the film in Hertfordshire. There's less than 12, of course.
- Dueling Movies: With the similarly-themed This Is the End.
- Playing Against Type: In both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, Nick Frost plays the trapped-in-his-youth slacker and Simon Pegg plays his more responsible Foil. In this one, they've essentially swapped roles. As well as David Bradley, who's almost always cast as a lecherous and/or evil old bastard, plays a decidedly loopy Cool Old Guy.
- Scully Box: Simon Pegg wore lifts in his shoes because the actor playing Gary's younger self was about 2 inches taller than him.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original plot involved the gang travelling back in time and encountering their younger selves.
- In the first draft, Gary King lip-synched "Batdance" from start to finish.
- Rosamund Pike almost didn't make it into filming as she was pregnant when filming was meant to take place. Eventually, work was rescheduled for all of them.
- Word of God: The Network is ultimately described by the creators as being benevolent, albeit in the worst possible way.
- Write Who You Know: Mr. Shepherd, who is based on Edgar Wright's old drama teacher, who he cites as something of an inspiration.
Trivia / The World's End