- Box Office Bomb: Thanks to writer/director Neil LaBute creating a World Of Narm rather than an actual horror movie, critics laughed in his face when they got a chance to see the film, and film failed to even make back its budget. Said budget, $40 million. Box office, $38,755,073.
- Creator Backlash: Nicolas Cage: "'I might have known that that movie was meant to be absurd."
- In Memoriam: One of the weirdest examples ever. Nicolas Cage dedicated the film to Johnny Ramone. That's right, the guitarist of The Ramones. note
- My God, You Are Serious: Christopher Lee, who played Lord Summerisle in the original, got this reaction when he mentioned the (at-that-point-not-yet-made) remake at a press conference.
- Not Screened for Critics: The film's unintentional humor might have had something to do with this. Unsurprisingly, it was panned for that reason.Rotten Tomatoes critics' consensus: Puzzlingly misguided, Neil LaBute's update The Wicker Man struggles against unintentional comedy and fails.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: C'mon, you knew there'd be one of these.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / The Wicker Man (2006)