- Dawson Casting: Stephanie is sixteen-years-old, but Jill Schoelen was twenty-three at the time.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes:
- Unlike the first two films, Stepfather III didn't get a DVD to coincide with the release of the remake. It's probably safe to assume there won't be one anywhere in the near future.
- The original was this for a long time in the US, as rights issues prevented a DVD release until 2009.
- No Stunt Double: Jill Schoelen did almost all of her own stunts for the climax of the first film.
- The Other Darrin: Robert Wightman replaced Terry O'Quinn as the stepfather in Stepfather III.
- Star-Making Role: The first movie put Terry O'Quinn on the map.
- What Could Have Been:
- Write Who You Know: Screenwriter Donald E. Westlake based the character of Stephanie on his real-life teenage stepdaughter, with whom who he has having difficulty getting along.
Trivia / The Stepfather