- First Appearance: Of Troy McClure and Drederick Tatum.
- Working Title: The episode was originally going to be named "Homer vs. the 8th Commandment", but the writers decided to include Lisa in the title because they wanted the cast to feel as if all their characters were equally represented on the show.
- Unintentional Period Piece:
- At the end of the episode, Bart tries to convince Homer to keep the pirated cable by citing, among other things, "Atlanta Braves baseball". The joke was poking fun at TBS constantly airing Braves baseball, but the Braves happened to be one of the most successful baseball teams in the 1990s, including winning 14 consecutive division titles, so the ability to watch their games really had some attraction in that era. They entered a slump in the mid-2000s and (as of this writing) have yet to reclaim their former glory.
- He also cites Joe Franklin, whose talk show was an institution on WOR in New York, another local station that was a staple of basic cable at the time. Franklin's show was cancelled after 41 years on the air in 1993, two years after this episode's debut.
Trivia / The Simpsons S 2 E 13 "Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment"