- Big Name Fan: One of David Tennant's favourite bands, as can be seen here.
- Colbert Bump: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" was released in 1988, but it became a hit in the US in 1993 when it was featured in Benny & Joon.
- Name's the Same: They're not the only pair of Reid brothers from Scotland in pop music.
- One-Hit Wonder: In the US, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" was their only hit. While they had more success in the UK, they also didn't have a #1 single there until a 2007 re-recording of "500 Miles" (as "(I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles"; note the move in parentheses) for Comic Relief with Little Britain. They're still stars at home in Scotland.
- Schedule Slip: Their output between 1988 and 2001 was pretty sporadic. They only recorded one full-length LP and a few scattered soundtrack-only songs during The '90s, as they were distracted by their dying father and their favourite football team nearly going under. However, they've been extremely prolific since 2001.
Trivia / The Proclaimers