- Actor Allusion:
- All-Star Cast: *Deep Breath* Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Sarah Paulson, Bob Odenkirk, Tracy Letts, Bradley Whitford, Bruce Greenwood, Carrie Coon, Matthew Rhys, Alison Brie, Jesse Plemons, David Cross, Zach Woods and Michael Stuhlbarg.
- Christmas Rushed: Like Munich in 2005, Steven Spielberg made the movie in a remarkably short period of time, with only nine months passing between him buying the screenplay and the movie's first press screening. This is all the more impressive when you consider he was in post-production of Ready Player One (2018) at the same time.
- Completely Different Title: Released in France under an unrelated English title, Pentagon Papers.note
- Creator Couple: Tracy Letts and Carrie Coon are married in real-life and Sarah Paulson was briefly engaged to Letts in the early 2000s.
- Fake Nationality: Bob Odenkirk (who is of Irish, Dutch, and German descent) plays the Armenian-American Ben Bagdikian.
- Those Two Actors: Bob Odenkirk and David Cross of Mr. Show co-star.
Trivia / The Post