- Big Name Fan: David Bowie was a huge fan of the band. So was Kurt Cobain, who admitted that Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was an attempt to ape the band's style.
- Black Sheep Hit: "Here Comes Your Man", possibly also "Where Is My Mind?"
- Creator Backlash: Surfer Rosa carries an interesting example, as the backlash comes not from any particular member of the band, but rather, producer Steve Albini, who called the album "A patchwork pinch loaf from a band who at their top dollar best are blandly entertaining college rock" in an interview around the time of the recording of Trompe le Monde. He later apologized for these remarks, however.
- Cut Song: The band's first single since 1991, "Bam Thwok" was originally recorded for Shrek 2 before Dreamworks Animation opted to go with Counting Crows' "Accidentally in Love" for the opening sequence instead.
- The Other Darrin: Female bassist Kim Deal was replaced by female bassist Kim Shattuck for a few months in 2013, though this is obviously averted with permanent replacement Paz Lechantin.
- Throw It In!: Steve Albini immortalised two sequences of Studio Chatter on Surfer Rosa: Francis' "You fuckin' DIE, I said!" between "Oh My Golly!" and "Vamos", and Deal's recounting of a teacher who was rumoured to be "into field hockey players" at the start of "I'm Amazed".
- The video for "Velouria" was one of these. According to The Other Wiki, the band was offered a spot on Top Of The Pops, but a BBC rule stated that only singles with videos could be performed on the show. So the band went to a quarry and filmed 23 seconds of them running through it and stretched those 23 seconds to cover the entire length of the song.
Trivia / The Pixies