- Development Hell: The reboot was in the works since the turn of the millennium.
- Missing Trailer Scene: The teaser trailer features Inspector Clouseau using the glass breaking device he got from Agent 006. This scene is not in the final film.
- The Other Darrin: Kevin Kline played Dreyfus in the first entry, but was replaced with John Cleese in the second.
- What Could Have Been:
- Among those considered to take over as Clouseau were Jim Carrey, Kevin Kline, Mike Myers, Kevin Spacey and Robin Williams. Kline was instead cast as Inspector Dreyfus.
- Jackie Chan was considered for the part of Clouseau's Chinese assistant, Cato Fong. But the filmmakers decided they didn't want to use a politically incorrect character, and replaced Cato with the Frenchman Ponton.
- In the early stages, Paul Giamatti was considered for the role of Dreyfus and there were even plans for a running gag that would have had the Pink Panther animated character worked into the actual story by having him appear as Dreyfus' madness-induced hallucinations.
Trivia / The Pink Panther (2006)