- Acting for Two: In the NChick labs, Nella is in the same room with her Mad Scientist self while Elisa plays both The Makeover Fairy and Dr. Tease. Elisa has lampshaded this in a formspring question, saying that the Makeover Fairy was too obsessed with looking good to notice a woman looking almost exactly like her.
- Actor Allusion:
- When the lead lady in Grease 2 sings that she wants "a devil in skintight leather", the Chick asks "Oh really, Michelle Pfeiffer?" before cutting to a picture of Catwoman.
- In the Newsies review, she says that Christian Bale's dancing got better before cutting to a deranged Bateman killing scene from American Psycho.
- In-film, the Genie's constant references to Robin Williams's other roles gives her a migraine.
- Whenever Will Smith comes along, she'll work in a Waxing Lyrical reference to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song.
- During the Bratz episode, when the Critic is reasoning with her about why he made her do the movie, he pushes the door and she pulls, which should actually open the door but it remains closed.
- As was lampshaded in her review of The Craft, her hair length will change drastically over the period of an episode.
- Colbert Bump: Because of her short episode on Minnie The Moocher, Cab Calloway got a lot of new fans.
- Creator Backlash: Lindsay has this to the "Nostalgia Chick" title, mostly to do with TGWTG's ugly politics and the title's connection to that (as she was brought on to be a Distaff Counterpart for Critic). There's only about seven episodes she likes, and she much prefers doing articles under her own name or "Loose Canon".
- Creator Couple: Lindsay and Todd wrote a lot of the scripts together, including episodes where he doesn't appear. They remain Amicable Exes and lived together for a time afterwards, sharing custody of their dog Kali.
- Dawson Casting: Lindsay occasionally plays herself (or rather, the Chick) as a mopey teenager in flashbacks.
- Defictionalization: Based on her idea for a Disneyfied Anne Frank, we have a page for it. She's even edited it herself.
- Development Hell:
- There was talk of making a home site (like Angry Joe's, a place for stuff that they couldn't put on TGWTG), resulting in Chez Apocalypse. It was functional for several months and hosted other shows as well, but after Blip and Maker shuttered their doors, development of the site returned to square one.
- The second book of TheViridianSaga seems to have dropped completely off her radar.
- The intended final episode of the Nostalgia Chick—stated by Lindsay to be a review of the live action Animorphs series—appears to have fallen by the wayside.
- DVD Commentary: She's been doing them ever since "Kirk vs. Picard".
- Executive Meddling: Claims she faced some resistance from TGWTG when she started to do essay style videos - such as the one on The Smurfette Principle - who wanted her to remain the Distaff Counterpart to The Nostalgia Critic. But eventually they gave in and let her transition.
- Fake Nationality: In the Grease 2 review, the Makeover Fairy claims to be Moldovan, though Elisa is American.
- Fan Community Nickname: "Chicklets".
- Fandom Nod: After fans shipped Mara Wilson with Critic after just her enjoying his humiliation in A Simple Wish, Matilda ups the Foe Yay aspect with her acting like he was a really fun toy to play with.
- Fan Nickname: Japanese fans nicknamed her "Nosko."
- Funny Character, Boring Actor: Inverted. It's not so much that the Chick isn't really funny, but Lindsay is a lot happier and gigglier out of character.
- I Knew It!: A few fics guessed correctly that she would rape Spoony to get revenge on him for hurting her, and in "Rejected Ideas For 'Spooning With Spoony'", she seems to do it.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: With Lindsey now off on another site, and with Youtube copyright strikes, her Independence Day VS The War of the Worlds episode is..sadly only found on yahoo, and only the first part at that.
- Meaningful Release Date: Her own co-site, Chez Apocalypse came out on the day of the supposed apocalypse. (21/12/2012)
- Milestone Celebration: To celebrate her three year anniversary of being on the site, she did a DVD commentary on her first episode Pocahontas.
- Missing Episode: After deciding to leave Channel Awesome, Lindsay intended a review of the Animorphs TV series to be her last one using the Nostalgia Chick character. She did film the episode, but was not satisfied with it and decided not to release it, making her first Loose Canon episode ("Starscream") also the last official NC video.
- Money, Dear Boy: After many content creators left Channel Awesome due to disillusionment with the site's management, Lindsay stated that the main reason she joined the site in the first place was because she needed the money after graduating from college in 2008 (right before the economy tanked). She also said she stayed on the site as long as she did because she was financially dependent on ad revenue despite not enjoying her time there.
- Old Shame:
- In her livestream, Lindsay admitted that she watched "Rapping About Rape" again and could see why it got so much hate.
- In a weird way, the TLC retrospective. While she doesn't seem to think it's a bad episode, it's more that she thinks sincere emotions on the show are too out of place.
- Her review of the Dune film. Lindsay took it down because she felt that most of the plot holes she brought up were actually addressed within the film itself, as unclear as they were.
- Her crossover review with the Nostalgia Critic for Moulin Rouge!. She legitimately enjoys the film, but since Doug Walker wrote the script for the review, he mapped his own opinions onto her lines. Lindsay talked about her regret for agreeing to do the review on her Twitter. In her video essay of The Phantom of the Opera (2004) she talked about Moulin Rouge! positively.
- The Kickassia movie was this due to the Troubled Production, calling it "the first time I felt genuinely disrespected."
- To Boldly Flee - which she has said of:"I was embarrassed then to be part of them and I still am."
- In her 400k subscribers Q&A special from 2018, Lindsay has stated that she is by and large rather ashamed of all her video content made before 2015. She would also announce in the same video that she has removed her Nostalgia Chick videos from her main channel and placed them on their own channel, where the series has been retitled "Nostalgic Woman". The only video from that era that remains on Lindsay's main channel is the one for Freddy Got Fingered, which she has said she is still proud of.
- Prop Recycling: Lindsay originally built the robot prop for a student film about a Catholic robot; it was reused for the Nostalgia Chick show.
- Schedule Slip: She tries to put out one video a month but because of school and large amounts of traveling, can't always.
- Now that her documentary is done, she's assured people that she's back to making regular weekly videos. She seems to have kept her word this time. She's even doing (usually) more than one episode a week now.
- She went on another hiatus in 2013, due to being hired to work on a project pertaining to Pokémon. The hiatus ended in January 2014.
- She went on another hiatus in 2017 so she can complete her Master's Degree. She says whenever she has the time during, she'll try to put a video out, but her main focus for the year is finishing her degree.
- Talking to Herself: While she only has the one character, she still does the "play both people in the argument" thing.Chick 1: What's Natalie Wood doing?
Chick 2: Uh, she's been dead for ten years, Diane.
Chick 1: My bad. Um, what about the chick from Bye Bye Birdie? What's she doing?
Chick 2: She's not doing anything.
Chick 1: Alright, get out the shoehorn!
- Throw It In!: In the "Kirk vs. Picard" video, the Chick does an impersonation of Picard while Nella acted like Shatner. According to the commentary, neither of those were scripted.
- Undermined by Reality: While most (if not all) of That Guy with the Glasses got hit with this after the #ChangeTheChannel fiasco in 2018, which revealed some pretty ugly goings-on within the company, this show got it especially bad. Many fans have admitted to having a hard time with rewatching old episodes now that they know what was going on behind the scenes. Lindsay admitting in a lengthy Twitter thread that she didn't enjoy her time as the Chick at all was the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people.
- What Could Have Been:
- In her commentary for X-Men, Lindsay said she was going to follow the TGWTG trend of having more than one character and play Dr. Tease herself. The same went for Dr. Block, but because Lindsay hates acting so much, Nella took the role herself.
- The Nostalgia Critic was going to review Newsies, but Lindsay told Doug she expressed interest in reviewing it, so he let her do it instead.
- In the Les Misérables big group song, Ed Glazer or Doug could have played Marius instead of Paw, it could have been a chorus of Lindsays (recorded to set everyone's place, as described in the commentary), or the review might not have happened at all due to Lindsay and Elisa having a car accident on the way to Chicago. (A hurricane just made them swerve into a ditch, they were fine.)
- In an example that made shippers' hearts soar, the first "Thanks For The Feedback" was going to see the Chick and Critic have sex, and then realize they were related.
- As charmingly goofy as it was, the Dark Nella Saga was going to be much sillier and originally consisted of the eponymous quasi-demonic force of evil giving everyone evil noogies.
- The Chick taping Todd to a chair in "Sleepless in Seattle vs. When Harry Met Sally..." was originally going to be a Misery parody instead, but was cut for being considered far too creepy.
- Her last Nostalgia Chick review would've been on Animorphs. However, she chose not to release it, as it did not match her standards.
Trivia / The Nostalgia Chick