- Acting for Two: Richard Griffiths in the second movie; justified in that one of the characters he played was actually a professional impersonator, hired specifically to pose as the other one.
- Actor-Shared Background: Drebin mentions that his mother is from Wales. So is Leslie Nielsen's.
- California Doubling: The baseball scenes in the first movie, which take place at an Angels home game, were actually filmed in Dodger Stadium. (Los Angeles is doubling for Anaheim here.)
- Creator In-Joke: In The Naked Gun: From The Files of Police Squad!, the montage of Drebin and Jane dating featuring "I'm Into Something Good" ends with a freeze-framed credit saying it's on The Naked Gun Soundtrack on Wheelo Records.◊ The movie didn't have a soundtrack album came outnote , but when La-La Land Records issued all three scores on a 3-disc set, they have a logo for Wheelo Records on the packaging. (And yes, "I'm Into Something Good" is on the first disc.)
- Development Hell: A reboot, which would be about Drebin's son, has been tossed around since the mid-2000s, but David Zucker is adamant that it not go ahead unless they can cast actors who have never, ever done comedy.
- Fake American: Leslie Nielsen was Canadian.
- Fake Nationality: In the first movie, Mexican actor Ricardo Montalban plays an obviously Germanic villain (Vincent Ludwig).
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The TV cuts, which feature many extra scenes not found in the theatrical releases. They were never released to VHS, DVD, or Blu-ray, so the only way to legally see them is if you taped them off TV.
- The Other Darrin: Neither Hocken nor Nor(d)berg was played by the same actor as in the series.
- Real-Life Relative: Charlotte Zucker, mother of Jerry and David Zucker, plays Vincent Ludwig's secretary Dominique.
- Recycled Script: If you've seen Police Squad!, you'll recognize a few jokes here and there that ZAZ reused for the movies.
- What Could Have Been:
- Fee Fi Faux Pas: Played with in one of the Deleted Scenes:Frank: Why you sniveling scum! You're no better than your old man!Johnny: My old man's dead!Frank: Oh, sorry, Johnny, I forgot.Johnny: Yeah, well, maybe this will help refresh your memory a little. (slips Frank a bill)Frank: Oh yeah, he is dead.
- Bo Derek was considered for the role of Jane.
- Fee Fi Faux Pas: Played with in one of the Deleted Scenes:
- You Look Familiar: Robert Goulet previously played himself in an episode of Police Squad! as the "celebrity guest who dies in the opening scene" before playing the villain of the second film.
- Jeff Wright plays three characters: the head usher in the first movie, the sex shop assistant in the second and the grocery store manager in the third. Of course, it could be the same guy holding down different jobs in each movie.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic appears in all three movies. In the first and third movies, he plays himself. However, in the second movie, he plays a criminal holding the police station at gunpoint. (Well, we never hear the guy's name, but presumably that's not Al..)
- Joe Grifasi plays the dock worker in the first movie and the Oscar director in the third.
Trivia / The Naked Gun