- Ability over Appearance: Jason Clarke doesn't really look like Heydrich.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget 27.8 million (about $33 million). Global box office gross: a little over $4 million.
- California Doubling: Parts of the movie were filmed in Budapest in addition to Prague. While the climax of Anthropoid was filmed in the actual place in Prague where the events happened, the Orthodox cathedral Ss. Cyril and Methodius, somehow the climax of The Man with the Iron Heart has been filmed in a different church, and a Catholic one at that.
- Dueling Works: Came out less than a year after Anthropoid, which is about the exact same historical event. The Man with the Iron Heart is based on a Historical Fiction book (which was itself based on the events) and gives a heavy, biopic-worth focus on Heydrich's life, whereas Anthropoid is more directly based on the historical events and focuses entirely on the Czechoslovak commando with no German protagonist. And Heydrich only shows up for the assassination scene in Anthropoid.
- Meaningful Release Date: The film came out in early June 2017 in France, 75 years after the death of Heydrich.
- Similarly Named Works: The Man with the Iron Heart (which was one of the monikers of Heydrich) is also used by an Alternate History novel written by Harry Turtledove. The French release kept the novel's title, HHhH.