- Billing Displacement: Several of the show's most important characters are billed at just recurring status (ex. Alec, Thayer, Justin) while there are characters like Nisha and Char who were Advertised Extra.
- Char was more a case of Real Life Writes the Plot: She's as prominent as Mads and Laurel in the first ten episodes and looks set to take a prominent role with Rebecca being named her guardian and her being the twins' cousin but the actress took another job before the second half of season one was picked up, resulting in the character being rapidly Put on a Bus.
- California Doubling: Set in Phoenix, with Sutton off to Los Angeles... and filmed in Texas (except for the pilot, which was filmed in New Mexico).
- The Cast Showoff: Episode 13 is the first (but not the last) to feature not only Allie Gonino's singing talents but also the other members of her band.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Alexandra Chando has a resemblance to co-star Charisma Carpenter who plays the twins' mother
- Dawson Casting: All of the teens are in their 20s. The youngest was Kirsten Prout at 20 who played Char.
- Made worse by the fact that Christian Alexander (born 1990) plays a character that is supposed to be a few years older than the teens. He's actually 5 years younger than the actress playing his little sister.
- Dueling Shows: Against The CW's Ringer, which starred Sarah Michelle Gellar and Nestor Carbonell. This show won out as the latter was cancelled first.
- I Knew It!: Annie is not the twins mother, Rebecca is.
- Playing Their Own Twin: Alexandra Chando as Emma and Sutton.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Charisma Carpenter and Alexandra Chando look so much alike that the reveal of Rebecca being the twins' mother was borderline The Un-Twist.
- Troubled Production: The show was a nightmare to film due to being on location in New Mexico which left only a few months a year available. It probably contributed more to its cancellation than ratings.
Trivia / The Lying Game