- Cut Song: "Gonna Get My Wish", which was included on a special edition DVD.
- Dawson Casting: Melody is 12-years-old and is voiced by a 27-year-old actress.
- Image Source:
- The Other Darrin: Unlike all the other actors of the original film, Christopher Daniel Barnes could not reprise his role as Eric (most likely due to scheduling conflicts). Rob Paulsen replaced him.
- For the Latin American Spanish dub of the film, multiple actors had to be replaced, given the first movie was dubbed at a Spanish-speaking studio at Los Angeles while the sequel was dubbed at Mexico instead. Only Guillermo Romano and Víctor Mares were able to reprise their roles as King Triton, Scuttle and Grimsby respectively, while Isela Sotelo, Ariel's singing voice from the first movie, came back to do her singing parts here as well. Most noticeably, Ariel and Sebastian were now voiced by Cony Madera and Humberto Vélez respectively, both of whom are now the official voices of those two characters in Mexico and Latin America.
- Promoted Fanboy: Tara Strong claims she was a huge fan of the first film, and lists this as her favourite role.
- What Could Have Been: Melody was going to have a Celebrity Voice Actor, according to Tara Strong. She was brought in to voice the template of what they wanted the character to sound like - and they would then bring a celebrity in. However they liked her performance so much they cast her properly as Melody.
Trivia / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea