- Dummied Out: The similarities this game shares with its SNES predecessor are made even more apparent by the cut content. Several early models of areas exist within the game's files, all with similar layouts to the final game, but using SNES textures as placeholders.
- Fan Nickname:
- Yuganon for the fusion between Yuga and Ganon.
- Ravioli for both Ravio and Ravio/Link's Portmanteau Couple Name.
- With the cel-shaded design being officially known as "Toon Link", some Smash Bros. fans have taken to calling the returning classic design "Classic Link".
- I Knew It!: In the August 7, 2013 Nintendo Direct video, Satoru Iwata confirmed the existence of the Dark Triforce fans had been speculating about since first seeing the logo. However this only represents that their Triforce was destroyed. In intact form, it looks just like the normal Triforce except pointing down.
- Hilda is indeed the Big Bad, though she also has a HeelFace Turn at the end.
- This is the first time that the Master Sword is part of the main plot in an original handheld title.
- This is the first game since the Oracle Series to take place in the Decline Timeline.
- This is the first game set in the Decline Timeline to feature the Hylian Shield and the Light Arrows.
- Model Dissonance: Every single 3D model is made to lean backwards in order to mimic the effect of the Isometric Projection in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Talking to Himself: Mitsuki Saiga voices both Link and Ravio. Justified because they are the same person, but from different worlds.
- What Could Have Been:
- Nintendo was considering naming this game "New Legend of Zelda".
- There was a debate amongst the team whatever to use the classic design or Toon Link like the previous portable 2D games. They ultimately opted for the Classic Link design as the team felt it would fit the game better given it's designed to be a sequel to A Link to the Past.
Trivia / The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds