- Breakaway Pop Hit: Pat Benatar's "Invincible". Usually before she performs it at concerts, she says "this is from the worst movie ever made."
- Cast Incest: Christian Slater joked that when the film was made, he thought he was destined to marry Helen Slater since they already shared the same last name.
- Dawson Casting: Of the principal cast, only Christian Slater was a teenager (15). Everyone else was over 20. Particularly egregious is Yeardley Smith playing a girl who gets her first period during the movie...she was 21 in real life.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Helen Slater got the famous Billie Jean haircut for real, though she didn't do it herself; a hairdresser did. Averted with Yeardley Smith however, as she refused to cut her hair (and thus is wearing a wig for Putter's short hair scenes). Christian Slater bleached his hair blond to play Binx too.
- Enforced Method Acting: Janet Smalley, who plays Putter's mother, actually slapped Yeardley Smith for real.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: For ages, the film had no DVD release and most people have only seen it from TV airings. It finally got a DVD release in 2011.
- Old Shame: As mentioned above, Pat Benatar is not a fan of this movie. It was even rumored that she held up the DVD release by refusing to allow "Invincible" to appear in the film.
- What Could Have Been: A sequence involving a dance rave was filmed but cut from the final piece.
Trivia / The Legend of Billie Jean