- Actor Allusion: Jamie Foxx's character mentions a newspaper called the Terrell Tribune, the newspaper of Foxx's hometown of Terrell, Texas.
- Actor-Shared Background: In the DVD Commentary, Peter Berg says that a conversation between Colonel Faris Al Ghazi and Fluery is just like a conversation Ashraf Barhom had with Berg. Al Ghazi says watching The Incredible Hulk as a boy is why he wanted to become a police officer. Barhom watching The Incredible Hulk is why he wanted to become an actor.
- Backed by the Pentagon: An actual United Arab Emirates AH-64 Apache is used in wide shot of the team being escorted to see the Saudi Prince. This is one of the rare instances of a AH-64 Apache in a movie that wasn't provided by the US Department of Defence.
- Life Imitates Art: A plot point is an ambulance being used in the terrorist attack in the opening. In 2015, an ambulance packed with explosives was found at a football stadium in Germany. Fortunately, it was discovered before it could be detonated.
- What Could Have Been: The original ending involved a suicide bomber blowing all the main characters up as they were boarding a plane. The End.
Trivia / The Kingdom (2007)