- Casting Gag:
- Dueling Shows: With Yona of the Dawn.
- Executive Meddling: Aside of the Spell My Name with an "S" incident mentioned below, the character designs changed between the first and second episodes. The designs in the first episode follow Yoshitaka Amano's beautiful artwork while from the second episode onwards, they're more indigenous to the style of Sachiko Kamimura. It's most obvious in case of Daryun who, in the first episode, has sharp and dangerous looks, slanted eyes, and hair that tends to fall into his face. In the 2nd episode and afterwards his hair is less wild, and he has milder features with rounded eyes, giving him a more classic "good guy" look.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The 1991 OVAs were originally available by Central Park Media, but is now out-of-print. But you can still find used copies or new ones if you're luck, but they're only going to become rare and more expensive until somebody rescues the OVAs. Good luck finding them somewhere on the web!
- Name's the Same:
- Etoile's English voice actress in the 2015 TV series is Ryan Reynolds not THE Ryan Reynolds, the guy who played Deadpool.
- Don't confuse Eir Aoi's song "Lapis Lazuli" with a certain Gem.
- Kalafina's song "Blaze" must also not to be confused with the Kinya Kotani song of the same name which was used in another anime that the band's founder was involved with.
- No Export for You: The recap episode of the first thirteen episodes of the first season was never dubbed in English by Funimation.
- Overtook the Manga: The 2015 anime is based on Arakawa's rendition of the novel. However, the anime ran out of Arakawa's manga material, so the staff decided to follow the novel story instead. For now, the anime is ahead of the manga that it was originally based on, but it's fine because they are both based from the novel. It also helps that the novel completed its run in 2017.
- Playing Against Type: Yuuki Kaji, who usually voices young males, voices the Big Bad of the 2015 series, also with a much deeper pitch than his usual.
- Promoted Fanboy: Takahiro Sakurai was a huge fan of the original novels since he was in high school and was very excited when he played Shagad in season 2.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Hilmes and Irina are Shu and Inori and Amata and Mikono.
- Hilmes and Daryun are Alibaba and Masrur and Eren and Reiner.
- Farangis and Hilmes are Ciel and Finnian and Merlin and Meliodas.
- Gieve and Hilmes are Futo and Wataru and Ronald and Finnian.
- Farangis and Tahamine are both the young and the adult Motoko Kusanagi and Harmona and Jagara.
- Retroactive Recognition: Jason Isaacs is Rajendra in the United Kingdom dub of the OVA.
- The Wiki Rule: The Heroic Legend of Arslan Wiki.
Trivia / The Heroic Legend of Arslan