- Blooper: One of the lack of amenities provided by the Happiness Hotel is that of a kitchen. However, after Beauregard crashes into the hotel, the Swedish Chef comes out of the suddenly appearing kitchen.
- Channel Hop: Kind of. Due to the disastrous failures that were Raise the Titanic! and Can't Stop the Music, Lew Grade and EMI's joint American arm Associated Film Distribution (which had distributed The Muppet Movie) was ruined; they sold their remaining backlog, including this movie, to Universal. Since then, rights have, naturally, come under Disney's control, though the theatrical rights to this film and The Muppet Movie remain with Universal.
- Non-Singing Voice: Charles Grodin is clearly dubbed in his big musical number, as Miss Piggy points out afterward.
- Real-Life Relative: Muppeteer Jerry Nelson has a cameo alongside his real-life daughter Christine.
- What Could Have Been:
- Jim Henson considered several other actors for the role of newspaper editor Mike Tarkanian before finally settling on Jack Warden, including Edward Asner, Hume Cronyn, Harvey Korman, Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau.
- Early sketches for the end credits sequence reveals that Oscar the Grouch was to have gone back to America with the Muppets.
- The cameo role of British Gentleman was offered to Trevor Howard.
- Working Title: The Muppet Movie 2.
Trivia / The Great Muppet Caper