- Approval of God: Author Yasutaka Tsutsui called the 2006 film a "true second-generation" of his novel.
- Breakthrough Hit: The 2006 film made Mamoru Hosoda a well-known animation director in Japan.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: All over the place in the anime version. For example, actress Riisa Naka plays Makoto Konno, actor Takuya Ishida voices Chiaki Mamiya, and actress/model Sachie Hara voices Kazuko Yoshiyama.
- Late Export for You: The original novel was finally released in English on May 26, 2011, a little over 45 years after the novel was first published in Japan.
- No Export for You: As of 2021, the 1983 film hasn't seen an official DVD/Blu-ray release in North America.
- Milestone Celebration:
- The 2006 film's release coincided with the 40th anniversary of the novel's final serialization.
- The English translation's release in 2011 coincided with the fifth anniversary of the 2006 film's release and the 45th anniversary of the novel's final serialization.
- Funimation's North American re-release of the 2006 film in 2016 coincided with the 10th anniversary of its original release.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: TokiKake.
- Studio Hop: The North American home video rights were handled by Bandai Entertainment. After the company went out of business in 2012, Funimation (who had already licensed all of Mamoru Hosoda's films starting with Summer Wars) picked up the rights.
Trivia / The Girl Who Leapt Through Time