- Actor Allusion: This isn't the first American football-related film that Dwayne Johnson has starred in, as he previously appeared in Gridiron Gang, the year before.
- Actor-Shared Background: All of the plot-important Boston Rebels player are played by former American football players turned actors or actors who have had some experience with American football:
- Joe's actor, Dwayne Johnson, played for his university's football team (the Miami Hurricanes) and later joined the Canadian Football League team Calgary Stampeders, though he didn't make the cut before starting his career as a professional wrestler.
- Sanders' actor, Morris Chestnut, planned to become an National Football League player after playing in college before he eventually went into acting.
- Webber's actor, Brian White, used to play for the New England Patriots (although didn't make the cut).
- Monroe's actor, Jamal Duff, used to play for the New York Giants and Washington Redskins as a lineman.
- Cooper's actor, Hayes MacArthur, was a record-holding former quarterback for Bowdoin College and played with the semi-pro football team, the L.A. Gunslingers.
- What Could Have Been: The Boston Rebels were originally going to be the New England Patriots, but it didn't materialize as Disney couldn't work out a deal with the NFL.
Trivia / The Game Plan