- California Doubling: Since filming is forbidden in Aokigahara forest, the scenes set there were actually shot in a forest in Serbia.
- Dueling Works: With The Sea of Trees. Both films are about Westerners journeying to the infamous Aokigahara Forest in Japan.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Natalie Dormer actually went to the Suicide Forest with her Japanese driver for research. She reportedly ventured five meters off the path to take photos and her Japanese driver would not step half an inch over the path.
- Fake Nationality:
- Missing Trailer Scene: The trailer shows Sara in a Shower Scene that never happened in the film proper.
- Playing Against Type: Twins Sara and Jess are both far from Natalie Dormer's typical dubious Ms. Fanservice characters.
- Playing Their Own Twin: Natalie Dormer plays twins Sara and Jess. Likewise, their younger Time-Shifted Actor.
Trivia / The Forest (2016)