- Casting Gag: Catherine Taber, the voice actor for Padme Amidala in nearly every piece of Star Wars fiction save for the actual movies themselves and the 2003-5 Clone Wars miniseries, voices Padme's daughter, Leia.
- Development Gag:
- Galen Marek's code name "Starkiller" was Luke's surname in the prototypical Star Wars.
- Similarly, "Juno Eclipse" was Asajj Ventress's working name.
- Franchise Killer: The second game's disappointing numbers (combined with the closing of LucasArts three years later in 2013 and the halting of any new material for the newly redubbed Legends continuity on new owner Disney's orders in order to create their own continuity) killed the possibility of a third game, and Starkiller's adventures were Left Hanging.
- Image Source: The sequel's companion comics, for Boarding Pod.
- Let's Play: Sam Witwer and David W. Collins did a series of Twitch streams where they played through the game while talking to the developers about how The Force Unleashed. As of writing, it has yet to be finished.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Starkiller was included as a playable character in Soulcalibur IV, which was actually released before the Force Unleashed itself.
- Novelization First: The respective novels for both games came out before each game was released.
- Promoted Fanboy: Sam Witwer and Matt Sloan.
- Role Reprise: Jimmy Smits reprises his role as Bail Organa from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
- Talking to Himself: Sam Witwer voices both Galen and Emperor Palpatine, and does a shockingly good impression of the latter.
- What Could Have Been:
- Starkiller's real name was originally going to be Jacob Nion. Some versions of the game mistakenly call Starkiller's father Kento Nion in the credits, perhaps a reference to this.
- Starkiller's Sith name could have been Darth Icky or Darth Insanius.
- PROXY would have been a "Corpse droid" where he often harvested organs to complete himself. However, because of his not fitting in with the team dynamic, and more obviously because the only way to give a comical aspect to him (grafting organs into himself) was considered too gruesome for what was intended to be a "T" rated game, he was redesigned to be a holodroid.
- Before creating the character of Rahm Kota, the makers wanted Starkiller's Jedi mentor to be the Force Ghost of either Qui-Gon Jinn or a reformed Darth Plagueis.
- Had Star Wars The Force Unleashed III not been canceled, it would have Starkiller team up with his former master Darth Vader against a new threat by Emperor Palpatine.
- At one point, they considered making Ozzik Sturn some kind of shapeshifting alien before deciding to make him a big game hunter who was entirely human.
Trivia / The Force Unleashed