- Actor Allusion: Georgiana and Charles kiss in the same building used for Lizzy and Darcy's first kiss in Pride & Prejudice (2005), also starring Keira Knightley.
- Creator Backlash:
- Keira Knightley was annoyed at the Misaimed Marketing which tried to lure audiences in by claiming there was a link to Princess Diana. She Jossed these reports, saying her character was interesting enough without any comparisons.
- Keira also objected to the marketing digitally enhancing her figure for posters, and her image was eventually used undoctored.
- Dawson Casting: Justified, as Keira Knightley first plays Georgiana at seventeen and then continues to play her across ten years.
- Playing with Character Type: Keira Knightley in the 2000s was getting typecast as a Spirited Young Lady ahead of her time in period pieces. Georgiana here fits the bill...then runs into the sexist and oppressive laws of the time.
- What Could Have Been: Susanne Beir - of Brothers and The Night Manager fame - wrote an early draft of the script and was attached to direct at one point.
Trivia / The Duchess