- Actor-Shared Background: Vince Vaughn's character lives in Chicago, as does Vaughn himself.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $70 million. Box office, $69,721,966.
- Completely Different Title: The German for dilemma is "dilemma". So naturally in Germany The Dilemma is shown as Dickste Freunde — which means Fat Friends. Or less literally Best Friends.
- Star-Derailing Role: Vince Vaughn. On the set, he forced many rewrites, took over creative control from director Ron Howard, and defended his character's homophobic comments. Consequently, audiences stayed away.
- Too Soon: Trailers for the film were pulled due to Vince Vaughn's character describing hybrid cars as gay ("but not in a homosexual way") after a rash of gay teen suicides.
Trivia / The Dilemma