- Adaptation Displacement: The 1955 film is better known than the original novel and play (or any of the remakes, for that matter).
- Dueling-Stars Movie: Humphrey Bogart vs. Fredric March.
- Those Two Actors: Dewey Martin (Hal Griffin) and Mary Murphy (Cindy Hilliard) appeared together again in the Outer Limits episode "The Premonition".
- What Could Have Been:
- A young Paul Newman, who played Glenn Griffin in the play, was replaced by Humphrey Bogart for the movie because Bogart was a bigger star at the time. Griffin was given an Age Lift in the film to accommodate the middle-aged Bogart.
- Spencer Tracy was first cast in Fredric March's part, but both Tracy and Bogart insisted on top billing and Tracy eventually withdrew.
Trivia / The Desperate Hours