- All-Star Cast: Take a deep breath:
- Taron Egerton, Nathalie Emmanuel, Anya Taylor-Joy, Natalie Dormer, Alicia Vikander, Lena Headey, Helena Bonham-Carter, Mark Strong, Hannah John-Kamen, Eddie Izzard, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Toby Jones and Theo James for the Gelflings.
- Jason Isaacs, Simon Pegg, Benedict Wong, Mark Hamill, Keegan-Michael Key, Ralph Ineson, Awkwafina and Andy Samberg for the Skeksis.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Most of the series' All Star voice cast is made of celebrities who usually don't do a lot of voice acting, bar a few exceptions like Mark Hamill.
- Doing It for the Art: Director Louis Leterrier admitted that working on the series was quite gruelling, due to using puppetry techniques similar to those of The Dark Crystal in order to stay true to the original work of Jim Henson and his team, when CGI would have made things much easier. The use of digital effects is minimal, mainly to hide the puppeteers.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: There was a contest about designing an original small woodland creature to be included in the series.
- The Other Darrin: Regarding the Mystics and Skeksis who appeared in both the 1982 film and the series, as well as Aughra. Some of the original puppeteers and voice actors from the film have passed away (Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson, Barry Dennen, David Buck, Billie Whitelaw), others have retired (except Dave Goelz and Louise Gold, who performed and voiced other characters this time around). New puppeteers and voice actors took their place.
- Donna Kimball replaces Billie Whitelaw (who passed away in 2014) as Aughra.
- Jason Isaacs replaces Jerry Nelson (who passed away in 2012) as the voice of the Emperor.
- Benedict Wong replaces Michael Kilgarriff as the voice of the Garthim Master.
- Simon Pegg replaces Barry Dennen (who passed away in 2017) as the voice of the Chamberlain.
- Keegan-Michael Key replaces Jerry Nelson as the voice of the Ritual Master.
- Mark Hamill replaces Steve Whitmire as the Scientist.
- Harvey Fierstein replaces Thick Wilson as the voice of the Gourmand.
- Alice Dinnean replaces Brian Muehl as the voice of the Ornamentalist.
- Neil Sterenberg replaces John Baddeley as the voice of the Scroll Keeper.
- Role Reprisal: Of sorts. Dave Goelz worked on Fizzgig's puppetry in the 1982 film. He animates a creature of Fizzgig's species once again in Age of Resistance.
- Sequel Gap: Well, prequel gap, and a huge one at that. The series comes out 37 years after The Dark Crystal was released.
- Sequel in Another Medium: The original was a theatrically released film, this one is a prequel streaming series.
- What Could Have Been: A sequel to the original film, The Power of the Dark Crystal, has lingered in Development Hell for a long time and ended up cancelled. Its story was instead used as the basis for a 12-issue comic miniseries by Archaia Entertainment. The next Dark Crystal live action installment is now a prequel streaming series.
Trivia / The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance