- Acting for Two: There are a lot of actors who voiced multiple characters (even though said characters have never met each other). They are: Alexandra Boyd, who does Elaine and the Son Pirate; Denny Delk, who does Murray, Skully and the Father Pirate; Michael Sorich, who does Edward Van Helgen and Charles DeGoulash the Ghost Groom; the aforementioned Terry McGovern; Tom Kane as Captain René Rottingham and the Lost (Flying) Welshman; Harvey Jason as the Cabaña Boy and Effete LaFoot; S. Scott Bullock as Lemonhead and Pirate #2; Victor Raider-Wexler as Slappy Cromwell and the Snowcone Guy; Dave Fennoy as King André and Pirate #3; George DelHoyo as Palido Domingo and Pirate #1; and Roger Behr as Mort the Gravedigger, Stu Boyle and Pirate #4. Even Dominic Armato can have a short "conversation" with himself (he also voiced the incomprehensible restaurant drive-thru speaker).
- Actor Allusion: Alan Young voicing a character named Haggis. Only difference is here, his last name's McMutton and the former's MacHaggis.
- Fake American: The Son Pirate from the end credits. Alexandra Boyd performed an American accent perfectly.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Until March 2018, this game and its followup were the only two Monkey Island games that still lacked a modern re-release on digital distribution platforms (as the first two games have remakes with the original versions as an Embedded Precursor and the fifth is readily available on multiple platforms and storefronts). It is now released on GOG.com and Steam.
- Promoted Fanboy: Dominic Armato, voice of Guybrush Threepwood, was a long-time fan of the games. He may have won the role because he was a fan — it was close between him and another actor and his love of the franchise was the tipping point.
- What Could Have Been:
- Elaine was originally going to turn into a wooden figurehead.
- The official strategy guide reveals a parody of an Award-Bait Song called "Plank of Love" was going play over the closing credits, but the project ran out of time before it could be recorded, and shows a storyboard of a scrapped cutscene in which Elaine saves Guybrush from LeChuck's roller coaster ride.
- The Wiki Rule: The Monkey Island Wiki.
Trivia / The Curse of Monkey Island