- Actor Allusion:
- Dueling Shows: Though the style of the two shows beyond throwbacks to the Golden/Silver Age is null, it can't be unintentional that the show appeared shortly after No Ordinary Family, another superhero show. Humourously, NOF has a Marvel (edgy, gritty) flavor within a DC (four color) universe, while The Cape is more DC (Batman, more defined moral lines) in a Marvel (cynical, city of corrupt cops) universe.
- Fake Nationality: Aussie David Lyons as Vince Faraday/The Cape.
- In "Razer" Lyons ditches his American accent and uses his native Australian to impersonate the titular contract killer.
- Gregor "The Great" Molotov is played by the German actor Thomas Kretschmann. The other speaking Russians in that episode are played by real Russian actors.
- Referenced by...: Community revealed that Abed was a fan of The Cape in the episode "Paradigms of Human Memory". His affinity for the show led to this memorable exchange:Jeff: The show's gonna last three weeks!
Abed: Six seasons and a movie!
- Screwed by the Network: Cut from 13 to 10 episodes, then canceled, due to ratings for the first episode being okay, then tanking for subsequent episodes.
- Throw It In!: According to Vinnie Jones, the dialogue in the pilot between Scales and Rollo was made up on the day of the shoot.
Trivia / The Cape