- Fake Brit: John Goodman as Ocious P. Potter, and doesn't even bother with the accent. Possibly justified given the film's Ambiguous Time Period.
- Retroactive Recognition: Dr. Gregory House as the Policeman and Arthur Weasley as Exterminator Jim. Also Draco Malfoy as Peagreen.
- Star-Making Role: While he was already known in the UK for Only Fools and Horses, this launched Jim Broadbent onto bigger films like Moulin Rouge!, Bridget Jones and Iris.
- Those Two Actors: Hugh Laurie and Mark Williams starred together in the remake of 101 Dalmatians.
- What Could Have Been:
- Peter Sellers bought the rights in the 60s and Jay Presson Allen wrote a script for an adaptation. Peter Sellers would have starred but the project never went ahead.
- Steven Spielberg was offered the chance to direct, but turned it down because he was too busy working on The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Bill Murray, and Christopher Lloyd were all considered for the role of Ocious P. Potter.
Trivia / The Borrowers (1997)