- Acting for Two: All of the kids are voiced by either Michael Johnston or Dora Dolphin (excluding the NPC kids like Bells, Gwen, and Dax). This includes the player characters, the Whisper Twin, and rescued kids.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Ashly Burch as Bells, who voiced such works such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Life Is Strange.
- Dawson Casting: Most of the kids are actually voiced by adults:
- The player character is voiced by Michael Johnston (Male Voice) and Dora Dolphin (Female Voice), both of which is well older than the kid's average age group of somewhere between 14 and 15 years old.
- Isabella (Bells), who is roughly 15 years old, is voiced by Ashly Burch, who is 28 years old.
- Defictionalization: At the Beta Panels in 2018, there were adults actually dressed up as Sleepers at TBC panel.
- Early-Bird Release: The game was released in Early Access on Oct 31st 2018, allowing for people to purchase the game even before it was officially released.
- He Also Did: Stephen Alexander and Jordan Thomas, the cofounders of Question, previously worked together on Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite. Notably, Jordan Thomas was the level design lead for the Fort Frolic mission in the former, as well as The Shalebridge Cradle mission in Thief: Deadly Shadows, which explains a lot of the atmosphere in The Blackout Club.
- Line to God: The Blackout Club's official Discord is run by the actual developers of the game, enabling players to talk with the devs.
- Real Place Background: The game is based in the NRQZ (National Radio Quiet Zone), a real place in Virginia that has no signal for miles.
- The Wiki Rule: The Blackout Club Official Gamepedia Wiki.
- Word of God:
- The devs have confirmed that Devin Esposito, a teenager whose journals can be read in the Hideout, is non-binary.
- Many have speculated if the Shape had a human disguise form and the devs confirmed that it does not.
Trivia / The Blackout Club