- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $82 million. Box office, $34,604,280 (domestic), $96,085,477 (worldwide). Part of a series of busts that derailed Arnold Schwarzenegger's career.
- DVD Commentary: The DVD commentary is done inexplicably by Trevor Rabin, the film's composer, and no one else.
- Enforced Method Acting: Arnold Schwarzenegger nearly drowned while shooting the scene where he hides in the tank containing the incomplete clones.
- Hostility on the Set: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sarah Wynter didn't get along.
- Real-Life Relative: Christopher Lawford (Police Lieutenant) was Arnold Schwarzenegger's cousin by marriage.
- What Could Have Been:
- Joe Dante was originally set to be the director.
- Kevin Costner turned down the lead role, due to scheduling conflicts with another film.
- Jack Nicholson was considered for Michael Drucker, but was deemed too expensive. Sean Connery and Michael Gough were also considered.
- Gene Hackman turned down the role of Dr. Griffin Weir because considered the script as "lousy".
- Word of Dante: According to Arnold Schwarzenegger in the DVD featurette "The Future is Coming", this movie was set in 2015.
Trivia / The 6th Day