- Breakthrough Hit: He became a big influence as a character designer thanks to his work on Final Fantasy VII
- No Export for You: Somewhat averted because, despite International Versions, Final Mixes and Universal Tunings, he stated that he doesn't like the trope when talking about Kingdom Hearts coded. Although, to be fair, this was because it would have been a brand new KH game released only in Japan instead of a simple Updated Re-release. Still, this suggests that he does care about worldwide fans after all. (Really; this says a lot considering other developers ignore everyone else.)
- And he's finally found a loophole regarding the Kingdom Hearts series. With the games getting PS3 Remasters, the updated versions are finally making it outside the shores of Japan.
- Trolling Creator: In a 2017 interview, Nomura admitted that his infamous over-usage of belts and zippers in his Character Designs was intentionally done to mess with gamers who would complain about it.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Actually, he did come up with Coded while he was drunk.
Trivia / Tetsuya Nomura