- Big Name Fan: According to his January 2016 vlog, Tyler Sederwall is "[Tess'] biggest fan".
- Fake American: In parts 28 and 29 of Undertale, the British Tess adopts an American accent as Mettaton.
- Fan Community Nicknames: Tess addresses his viewers as his "lovely people".
- In the Empire of Dreams Versus, the players declare that people supporting Tess are "Team Neptune", while people supporting Alex are "the ToTolions".
- The Minish Cap Versus adds "Team Yuki" for people supporting Yukiola5. As of episode 18, this was changed to "Team Cosmic".
- From Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island Versus, europezgal08's supporters were referred to as "Team Saturn". From HunieCam Studio Versus onwards, this was changed to "Team Amethyst".
- Hype Aversion: Tess has mentioned, in several Eurovision reviews, that he frequently experiences this with some entries.
- Name's the Same: Tess and Alex share the same first name.
- He notes that Jessie, awkwardly enough, shares her name with his sister.
- Omniglot: According to the page about him on the Song Contest Wiki, apart from English, Tess can speak German, Spanish and Japanese, as well as small amounts of Catalan, Dutch, French, Italian, Latin, Swedish and Ulster Scots.
- Aside from his semi-frequent use of Gratuitous Foreign Language in his videos, he has demonstrated this by giving official translations of his name for Japanese (モザイク式の六角形* ) and French (Hexagones en Mosaïque).
- Promoted Fanboy: He dedicated his monthly vlog for July 2015 to reviewing his favourite book, The Laputan Factor. One month later, as he revealed in his August vlog, the author of that book, Tristan "Black Wolf" MacAvery, contacted him to thank him personally. According to Tess, they have since become close friends.
- What Could Have Been: He mentions in Bomberman Tournament that his intro-catchphrase would have been what Japanese people say at the beginning of meals (頂きます！* ), and his Signing Off Catchphrase would have been what Japanese people say at the end of meals (ごちそうさまでした！* ).
Trivia / Tessellating Hexagons