- Actor Allusion: This is not the first time that David Howard Thornton has played a Monster Clown. He also plays The Joker in the ongoing web series, Nightwing: Escalation.
- Creator Breakdown: In the interview with Jenna Kanell on the Blu-Ray/DVD, she explains that in breaks between filming, Damien Leone was looking up pictures of hedgehogs. She believed that he cracked under pressure.
- Method Acting: That scene where Tara was strapped down to a chair to be tortured? Jenna Kanell actually allowed herself to be tied down to the chair for a few hours. She refused to be given a break, explaining that she was doing it for the women who actually had to endure such horrible situations.
- The Other Darrin: Art the Clown is played by David Howard Thornton here, while in all prior appearances he was played by Mike Gianelli, who retired from acting.
- What Could Have Been: Originally, this was supposed to be based on Damien Leone's first short film, The 9th Circle, which it would share its name with. It would have featured three teenagers being chased by demons in an abandoned hospital. The project was eventually scrapped and became Terrifier, based on his short film of the same name. The original trailer can be seen here.
Trivia / Terrifier