- The Cast Showoff: Due to his former career as a rapper, Mark Wahlberg could do the white trash names game speed round, without taking a breath for 10 seconds. Averted when he actually sings, as he's Hollywood Tone-Deaf.
- Channel Hop: MacFarlane originally pitched the film to 20th Century Fox (who produces Family Guy, among other shows he created), but was passed by the studio due to then-chairman Tom Rothman finding the budget he wanted too high for an R-rated comedy from a first-time director.
- Crossdressing Voices: Ted's "I Love You" function is voiced by Tara Strong .
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": This was the first of Seth MacFarlane's works to be shown in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, since none of his shows were aired there.
- Production Posse: MacFarlane included a number of people who have worked with him on his animated shows. This includes Mila Kunis, Alex Borstein, Patrick Stewart, Patrick Warburton, John Viener, Robert Wu, Danny Smith and the film's composer, Walter Murphy. Additionally, MacFarlane co-wrote the script with two prominent Family Guy writers.
- Sleeper Hit: The film received good reviews from critics, and was a huge box office success, making nearly $550 million worldwide against a budget of only about $50 million.
- Time-Shifted Actor: Ted is voiced by Seth Mac Farlane as an adult and Zane Cowans when he's young.
- The Wiki Rule: The Ted Wiki.
Trivia / Ted