- Cross-Dressing Voices: Gizmo, who's identified as a male robot, is voiced by Cathy Weseluck.
- Dawson Casting: Chris and Joy are tweens (with Joy expressedly stating in one episode that she's 12), and while we're not told how many years it's been since Gizmo's creation, he's likely the same age as or younger than both of them chronologically. Their respective voice actors were much older at the time of the show's debut; Sam Vincent was 40, Shannon Chan-Kent was 23, and Cathy Weseluck was the oldest at 41.
- He Also Did:
- Series writer Sean Roche had previously written for shows that are decidedly non-religious, to include Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987), Alvin and the Chipmunks, and X-Men: Evolution.
- Storyboard artist Jerry Yu Ching has also worked on films like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons and the short film Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five.
- Colin Murdock, who voices Superbook, also voiced the Judgeman and the Count in Zoids: New Century, Mari's father in The Cramp Twins, and Bunto and Vertex in Rollbots, among other roles.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Sam Vincent (Chris), Shannon Chan-Kent (Joy), and Cathy Weseluck (Gizmo) have all worked together in previous productions. Most notably, all three are alumni of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, in which they have respectively portrayed Party Favor, Pinkie Pie's singing voice, and Spike (along with other characters). Sam and Shannon have also worked together on Voltron Force (Pidge and Larmina, respectively) and Slug Terra (Eli Shane and Beatrice "Trixie" Sting), and all three voiced characters in The Deep (Sam voiced Simling Finn, Shannon voiced Jess Gorman, and Cathy voiced Hickman). Shannon and Cathy also worked together in The Little Prince, respectively voicing Jouna and Okoda. As for Colin Murdock (Superbook's voice actor), he's worked with Sam and Cathy on Rollbots, where Colin voiced Bunto and Vertex, Sam voiced Spin, and Cathy voiced Penny.
Trivia / Superbook (2011)