- Crossdressing Voices: AiAi, a male monkey, is voiced by Kaoru Morota, a woman.
- Fan Nickname: Fans tend to refer to the worlds of 1 & 2 by their names in 2s file directory. For example the arctic world from 1 is refereed to as "Ice" while Jungle Island from 2 is refereed to as "Jungle 2".
- No Export for You: The infamously bad Super Monkey Ball Adventure was never released in Japan, which is a blessing to Japanese gamers.
- Old Shame: Not the entire series, but some people at Traveller's Tales hated working on Super Monkey Ball Adventure, going as far as to say "never ever go back to that game again" when a member of a forum the developers go on suggested he might try it out again.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Because of licensing issues, Sega had to replace almost all of Banana Blitz' music tracksnote for the game's HD release.
- What Could Have Been: Originally the Master Stages would be a selectable difficulty with 100 stages in Monkey Ball, but the finished product has only one Master Stage and every incarnation afterwards has about 10 stages.
Trivia / Super Monkey Ball