- Celebrity Voice Actor: David Ogden Stiers reprised his role as Jumba.
- Christmas Rushed: The game was rushed so it would be released two days before Lilo & Stitch premiered.
- Deleted Role: Zoe Caldwell was supposed to reprise her role as the Grand Councilwoman. Doesn't help that she recorded her lines and is credited in the final game despite being cut.
- Early Draft Tie-In: The planet Pizton from a deleted scene in the film is a level in the game.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: This game has long since been out-of-print, especially after the end of the franchise's heyday and the PS2 itself. It has been digitally re-released as a PS2 Classic, but only on PlayStation 3 in Europe.
- Prequel First: The game came out two days before the actual film.
- Prequel in Another Medium: The game is a prequel to a hit Disney film.
- What Could Have Been:
- The game's Press CD reveals there were many elements that were changed or didn't make it into the final game:
- Deleted audio files reveal that certain enemies were only going to be defeated by the Freeze Gun.
- Meta example for Chopsuey: despite never having made another appearance in the franchise after the game, he was this close to getting official licensed Disney merchandise in the late 2010s thanks to a Fan Art contest held by Hot Topic subsidiary BoxLunch. Unfortunately, the entry that featured him (alongside other experiments, both well-known and obscure) did not win; all the winning entrants featured Stitch and other characters who debuted in the original film, without any other experiments.note
- Working Title: A prototype build dated March 28 2002 showed that the game was titled Experiment 626: Stitch on the Loose at one point.
Trivia / Stitch: Experiment 626