- Breakthrough Hit: sex, lies, and videotape. He also cites Out of Sight as a second breakthrough which made him viable as a Hollywood film-maker.
- California Doubling: Averted. He'll always shoot on location.
- Career Resurrection: Out of Sight. He also sees The Knick as another one.
- Development Hell: He first approached Michael Douglas to play Liberace when they were working together on Traffic. It took 13 years before the film was finally made
- He Also Did:
- Production Posse: Collaborates with writer Scott Z. Burns, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Eddie Jemison and Channing Tatum. And when he's not editing his own movies, Stephen Mirrione is his editor.
Trivia / Steven Soderbergh