- Follow the Leader: Focuses on the heroines of the franchise, similar to DC Super Hero Girls.
- He Also Did: In addition to the aforementioned DC Super Hero Girls, head writer Jennifer Muro has also worked on (or will work on) Justice League Action, Legend Quest, Marvel's Spider-Man, Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, and Mickey and the Roadster Racers.
- The Other Darrin: Jyn is voiced by Helen Sadler for "Jyn's Trade" and after, while Olivia Hack replaces Emilia Clarke as Qi'ra from Solo.
- Recycled Set: Two of the shorts take place on Endor, and at least three take place on Garel. For Volume 3, two of the shorts take place on Ord Mantell.
- Role Reprise:
- The series will have Daisy Ridley, Lupita Nyong'o, Felicity Jones, and Kelly Marie Tran, reprising their roles as Rey, Maz Kanata, Jyn Erso, and Rose Tico, most notably.
- Also reprising their roles on the series are Star Wars animation veterans Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano, Catherine Taber as Padme Amidala, Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker, Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren, Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla, and Gina Torres as Ketsu Onyo.
- Other film actors reprising their roles include John Boyega as Finn, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, and Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker — the first time that Mark Hamill has voiced an animated version of his character since The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- Cree Summer voices Kneesa when she appears in the second season, 34 years since she voiced her in Ewoks.
- Spoiled by the Merchandise: Volume 1, released before the second half of the shorts were released, spoiled that Ketsu does indeed join the Rebellion at the end of her short.
- What Could Have Been:
- Concept art shows Sabine's hair being stylized as more square and angular.
- The novelization states that Sabine paints a yellow starbird on Ketsu, similar to her own in Season 4 of Rebels, rather than the regular Rebel Alliance insignia. Either this was a discrepancy or miscommunication between the author & Forces of Destiny team, though Rebels later shows that Ketsu has the regular insignia.
Trivia / Star Wars: Forces of Destiny